Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tiara progress report

I mentioned here previously that I'd spent my lottery winnings from work on lots of beads and gold wire to make my tiara for the wedding. I've done them before, so although I was nervous I knew I could do it.

After a fair few hours leaning over the dining table giving myself a backache making the stalks, I decided last night to attach them temporarily to the headband to get an idea of how many more I needed to make. I am dead chuffed with it so far. It still needs a few more added to it, it's not quite wild and leafy enough yet. It also needs finishing by wrapping a thicker gold wire around the headband to cover the joins. What do you think?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is beautiful! You are really clever, it takes real skill to make something like that. If I tried I'd end up with something that looked like an ornamental fishing net.

Laney said...

"I'd end up with something that looked like an ornamental fishing net. "

You mean it doesn't? Damn. That was the look I was going for. LOL!



Just kidding of course, thanks for the compliment. It's almost finished, I sat up too late last night fiddling with it.