Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sleepovers & Swimming


The boys both had a friend over each last night. Taylor's best friend is called Georgie. He's a shy little thing, and he doesn't ever stay away from home, so it was a recipe for disaster really. He had tea with us, then at about 11pm he started crying and I had to walk him home. Taylor has stayed round his house loads of times, so I guess it'll have to be a one sided sleepover arrangement for now until Georgie gets a bit older.
Sam, Ryan's friend, is the complete opposite. He virtually lives at our house, but Ryan never gets an invite back. He's only stayed a few times, but I know they have huge family issues right now with money and bailiffs and other nasty stuff. I guess they'd rather keep it to themselves.
Sam came swimming with us this morning. Taylor had a swimming lesson, so I took Bel, Ryan and Sam into the big pool and Taylor joined us after his lesson. The big slide at the pool lets little ones on with their parents, so Isobel made me do a good workout of up the stairs/down the slide/up the stairs/down the slide. I was exhausted by the end of it.
We had a visit from the Council today, with the paperwork for our mortgage. I can't wait to buy this place, just so I can put a new kitchen in, do the garden and build the extra room downstairs. Lara came over and the kids watched Nemo(again!). We took these cute pictures.

No comments: