Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Vegetable Garden

It dawned on me on Friday that next year I won't be able to grow any plants. Come February/March, when I should be digging and planting seeds, I'll be packing up our stuff and getting ready to move. This thought made me very sad, how on earth am I going to resist the temptation to plant things? Thankfully, I'm going to annoy the hell out of a friend who just bought her house and is thinking of growing some veggies, so that should take away my need to garden.

Here are some pictures of whats been going on in the garden recently;

One of my sweetcorn cobs. We have 6 or 7 cobs, not bad considering the complete lack of sun so far this summer.


My white onions. They grow to gargantuan size eventually, but some of them have already faced the chop and gone into pasta dishes and on pizzas. I have no patience.


My 'Alicante' tomatoes, then my 'Gardeners Delight'



I have about eight Parsnips, which I'm dead chuffed with as the germination rate was quite poor, and the slugs had a munch, and as I'm the only one that likes them eight is plenty. Roasted parsnips are the food of the gods.


My French Beans are still chucking out loads of pods. We've just had a roast dinner, and that's our 4th meal we've got out of the beans.


Lastly, our organic, carrot powered lawn mowers, Fergal & Elvis.

No comments: