Monday, July 16, 2007

My big girl

Isobel has got huge lately. The first thing Pete noticed when he got home from Newcastle was how tall she'd gotten in three days! Her growth seemed to have slowed right down, so maybe she's had a bit of a growth spurt this week. She's only a year ahead in clothes at the moment, and her and Taylor have always been two years ahead. Hopefully she'll stay at a steady rate now and not end up too tall. Five foot ten would be nice, I don't want her to be six foot like me. Taylor is never going to stop, it seems, and wears age eleven clothes at eight.
I took these pictures yesterday.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're six foot? Yay for you, I'd love to be six foot. (I'm 5'9"). Mind you, I bet you have an even bigger problem with sleeve lengths than I do.

Laney said...

Unfortunately, yes. The only positive thing about being so tall is the weight distribution aspect! My suit jacket sleeves are a source of much mirth in the office, I can assure you, as were my school trousers back in the day. Of course, now that shops do extra long trousers I don't have so much trouble, but the jackets are still an issue.

Anonymous said...

M&S suit jackets are the worst, Planet, Episode and Hobbs are good but bloody expensive. I bought a jacket in H&M a few years ago (albeit in Boston, USA) and the sleeves were almost too long - wondrous!

Laney said...

The worst thing is, my boss provides us all with matching suits, very nice of him but I can hardly dictate where he gets them from. We normally go for Next, as the long trousers are spot on, but the jackets terrible. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose!

Anonymous said...

What size are you in jackets?

Laney said...

I get a 16(to accommodate the boobs of doom), and they do an extra long sleeve in Next...which still comes up past my wrists. We are due new suits soon and I'm dreading it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, if you drop a size or two, let me know. I have a thing about jackets and seem to have acquired many which languish in the wardrobe.

Laney said...

That's very kind of you fellow lanky person! I can't imagine my huge bazookas ever shrinking to a size 12(the rest of me has, down to a 12/14, they are just lagging behind, sadly).

Anonymous said...

Oh, for bazookas ... My 36A's languish sadly across my chest.

Laney said...

Maybe we could do a swop, via courier. My bazookas for your jackets.