Monday, January 29, 2007

Another weekend gone by.

Well, I had a pretty boring weekend as we decided it was better for Pete to travel down to Portsmouth alone. My Mum would only have the kids for one night, and we needed to be gone for two, so he had to go alone. His Dad is feeling better, has to stay in for lots of tests and new drugs and stuff. Pete had a stern word with him on Saturday during visiting hours as it's the work he does for the Jehovah's Witnesses that has caused this. He told his superiors a few months ago that the work was too much for him, but they just kept piling more on, and he, like a mug, kept on doing it. He handed all his secretarial roles over on Saturday afternoon(but is still, at this point, an Elder and on the Hospital Liaison Committee). Pete told him he needs to spend more time with the family, and less doing all this rubbish. It's given him a really bad scare, hopefully it's scared some common sense into him.

Pete's brother in law and sister kept saying that they pray for him to come back to the meetings(it's been about fifteen years now, give up!), and that they don't believe he wanted to really leave. Pete just laughed in their faces and told them he didn't believe any of it anymore and they are all wasting their lives. Pete just pities them, but I find it really disrespectful. Pete can't see how rude they are, because he has this jovial wall up to protect himself so he can laugh it off. Firstly, surely their Dad's health was more important at that particular time than getting Pete back into the congregation? Isn't that what they were all there for? Secondly, they never mention it when I'm there, which to me shows a total lack of respect for my wishes for our family. I'm sure they think that if they can get him back, we'll all follow quietly. Surely they must realise that if Pete came home and said 'Honey, I'm going back to the meetings', I'd be off like a shot. I don't ever, ever want that kind of guilt and hatred for others in my children's lives, not that he'd ever go back, but it's the presumptuous attitude that irks me. It's just so rude and a total disregard for ME.

I spent a lot of time in bed ill at the weekend with this damn virus. Everyone seems to have it. Headaches, nausea, sinusitis, sore throat, constant tiredness and a fever. The trouble is, I feel better for two days and it comes back. I've had it for three weeks now. :(

We still haven't heard anything from Sian, it's been lovely and quiet. Ryan seems so much happier, although he said he does feel guilty sometimes about it. She should be the one feeling guilty, he's done the right thing. If she'd been a good parent it wouldn't have gotten to this stage. I took both the boys to football training on the bus on Saturday as Pete wasn't here. The mud on the pitches was unbelievable! We all got covered and the pushchair got stuck so I had to drag it rather than push.

Oh well, I'd better go and do the housework while I can!

No comments: