Sunday, November 12, 2006

I worked all week this week so haven't been online much. I just want payday to hurry up now so I can Christmas shop. Yay!! I have a few bits that need shipping overseas, hence the early shopping. I usually leave it as long as possible, but my last postage date is the 12th December, so I must get organised. We need a new tree this year too, as ours is looking a bit old and battered.

We went to a memorial service at a church in Dagenham yesterday, for all the people that the vicar has buried in the last six months. This obviously included my Nan. It was the first time I've been to a church service since 1992. Pete has never been to a real church service, just the awful JW meetings. I joked that we'd both burst into flames when we crossed the threshold. Didn't happen. ;)

We had tea at Brenda's house before, it was lovely. I'm not sure if I mentioned her here before, but she's my Uncles ex-wife. They split ten years ago, and haven't spoken amicably in that time. It was a pretty messy divorce.
She sent a card when Nan died, and came to the funeral, and her and my Uncle Steven are now inseparable again. Not sure if they are together as a couple, or just friends, but it's been lovely having her in the family again. She's the best! They are going to America as a family for Christmas. How special for their three boys, to have their parents back together again for the holidays.

This picture was taken years ago, when they only had Danny(who's now 19), and she was pregnant with Nicky(He's 17). They have a son called Jason too, who is 14.

She hasn't changed at all, and my Uncle is now about 100lbs heavier, bless him!

Pete and Ryan are both at football, and Taylor is round Georgies, so it's nice and calm here for once.

No comments: