Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Is it Tuesday?

I keep losing track of the days.

Ryan's bike came today, at last. Only 3 weeks after his birthday, but they aren't going on sale in England until February anyway so he was lucky he didn't have to wait even longer for the one he wanted. It's a new design, nowhere here stocks it, so we ordered it from somewhere in Edinburgh. He is dead chuffed with it, he gave me a big hug. I think we may have to surgically remove him from it at bedtime. All of his mates have been fawning over it apparently. I must take some pictures of him on it tomorrow.

I was looking for a particular photograph today, and when I can't find something I get into a panic, especially if it's something sentimental. I went through some old boxes and found my old poems, notebooks and diary's. It was weird, seeing the world through the eyes of a fourteen and fifteen year old. It's hard to believe I have one of those in the house living with me now. It feels like an eternity has passed, but it's also gone so fast. I am the same person I was then, perhaps not as dark, and I have my emotions firmly under control now, but it actually pained me to read through and see how much I was hurting back then. I also found two letters I wrote to Michael, Taylor's Dad, a few years later(about 1998, when I was 18). They were painful to read. One I did send to him at the time telling him I was keeping the baby, and the other was just two pages of blind fury, venom and rage. Thankfully that one wasn't posted, even though he deserved the venom at the time. I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye now if I had. *blushes*

Anyway, I'm having a lovely relaxing evening with a bottle of Rose, Pete is at football and Isobel went to bed early. I love Tuesdays, I get to put my feet up and do bugger all for the evening. :)

2 comments:

stefndawniy said...

popping to let you know i've been reading your blog :)
what an emotive post
dx

Thursday said...

I'm exactly the same when I can't find something of sentimental value - I get really panicky and teary about it.