Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fresh Air

I finally got out in the garden today to clear, weed and fertilise my beds. I feel tired and happy now. Ryan helped me with the weeds and Pete built my little greenhouse. Sadly, in typical Pete fashion, he tried a little too hard and ripped the plastic cover. Oh well, it's still usable, and I did find it quite funny.







This is where my very small patch of maincrop potatoes will be. I've not grown them before, and they do seem to take over the garden if you grow loads, so this will do for this year.


This is the newest addition, part of my yearly expansion plan, which I think will be for carrots and salads.


This is old faithful, my first bed, now sadly moonlighting as the cats bathroom. It wasn't fun picking all her little deposits out, I can tell you. The chicken wire kept our old cat Isla out, but it hasn't fooled Malley.


And a bonus picture of me, just to prove that I don't make my children do all the hard work.

7 comments:

Lima said...

Great pics!

Love the one with the Robin on the fork!

Lxx

Lima said...

Oops, forgot to ask if Ryan got his place in school?

Laney said...

We haven't heard anything about the schools yet. Hopefully something will come through this week. If it doesn't work out he can come back home, so we haven't got anything to lose really.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Laney, looking good. Ace picture of the robin.

Sarah♥ said...

I am jealous!! At the moment all my beds are covered in leaves, weeds and plants. I planted a load of perenials last year, so at the moment, i don't know what is dead and what will flower again. I have about another 3-4 months to find that out. Here is last years:- http://maybeican.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html Thats where it started, June and July are better pictures :)

Dan said...

I have a nasty feeling you are posing for that picture with the kids, dishevelled and muddy, standing behind the camera so the NSPCC can't see how hard you've been driving them. Are you wearing heels in that picture?! You look like the politicians that "dig the first hole" in a tree planting or building site...

Think I will have a word with your kids when I see them next ;)

Laney said...

Heels?!? I'm 6ft Dan, I don't 'do' heels hehehe! I really did dig that manure in myself...honest.