Monday, May 28, 2007

Half Term Again


It's come around quickly, it only seems like yesterday they went back to school after the last holiday. Isn't the weather miserable? I'm going to be cooped up with the kids all week. I may have to plan some crafty activities or something.

We were supposed to be taking the kids to Wat Tyler today for an activity day, but it was just too wet. I felt like a caged animal earlier, was just desperate to get some fresh air, so I persuaded everyone to go to Southend and watch the airshow(if it wasn't cancelled). We took a packed lunch and watched the Red Arrows, Chinook helicopter and our favourite, the Eurofighter Typhoon. It was wicked! The sonic boom is so loud, and Isobel varies between being fascinated by it and terrified. I actually think her fear of all things airborne when she is alone may stem from visiting the airshow as we've been bringing her since she was newborn, and it's very loud. Evil parents! I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to aircraft. When I was Taylor's age I was obsessed with them, and I guess I've never really grown out of it. My Dad used to take me to Duxford Airshow every year, it was my favourite day out.
I didn't take these, but this is the Typhoon.

No comments: