Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bruised


We've just been ice skating with the boys for my birthday treat. I fell onto my knees, and now I'm bruised. My knees are delicate little flowers at the best of times, so I'll be swollen and hobbling tomorrow. We did have fun though, I love doing stuff like that as a family, I can't wait for Isobel to be old enough to come too.


I went to see Dirty Dancing at the Aldwych Theatre with my work on Friday, with a coach load of old dears. It was good, better than I expected actually(better than the film even!), and no one got lost or maimed which is always my goal at the end of the day. You wouldn't believe how stressful these trips can be. I took my friend Jane with me, and we went to a lovely French restaurant before the show. We both had fried Whitebait for our starters, and they still had their heads and eyes. Jane couldn't eat them so just munched up to the head, whereas I ate the lot. She wouldn't let me live it down afterwards, and kept telling everyone. I even ate her heads too!

I wish our weather would make up it's mind too. The other day it felt like Summer again, and now it's going to rain and ruin the Bank Holiday weekend. We also have frost risk here at the moment, so I have to cover my tomatoes and beans at night.

I was out in the garden with Taylor watching some swifts flying really high in the sky on Thursday, when suddenly three of them swooped down and started doing low flying circuits around our street. They looked like they were racing each other, and were flying right past our faces! It was excellent. It was like watching the Grand Prix.

No comments: