Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Meme


I got this Christmas Meme over on Kate's Blog.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Has to be wrapping paper. I'd love to be more environmentally friendly and not use anything at all, but I just can't bring myself to do that to the kids. At least I recycle.

2. Real tree or artificial? - I'd prefer a real one, but we have had a fake one for the last 7 years. The one year we got away with a real one was our first year in this house, when we had no carpets down. I became firm friends with the broom that year.

3. When do you put up the tree? - December 1st.

4. When do you take the tree down? - When I get time in the first week of January.

5. Do you like eggnog? - Isn't eggnog a bit like Advocaat? I like that, so maybe I'd like eggnog. Hmmmmm...

6. Favorite gift received as a child? - My Dad helped me build an aviary one year. I saved up my wages from my paper round to pay half and he paid for the rest. I got a lot of joy out of it for many years. I bred zebra finches, and kept my chickens in the bottom.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? - No, I don't have a mantel to put ornamenty type things on, and I'm not Christian, so would look like a bit of an idiot. I'm sure Taylor would love it(he loves anything bible-related).

8. Hardest person to buy for? - My dad and stepmum. They have everything they could ever want, and are a bit weird. I have to get stranger and more unusual things for them every year. I keep raising the bar and it's getting harder and harder. Plus their birthdays fall either side of Christmas, so I have four presents to find instead of two.

9. Easiest person to buy for? - Taylor. If it has racing cars involved, he is happy.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? - A bar of soap that my eccentric old aunt stole from a hotel and wrapped up for me. She was mad, and her presents did bring us a lot of laughs, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? - Either

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? - Not really a movie, but it has to be The Snowman.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? - I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat/drink at Christmas? - Christmas dinner. I love cooking it, and eating it, even though I don't eat meat.

16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? - Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? - Fairytale of New York. I detest all other Christmas songs.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? - Stay at home, the family come here.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? - I can only ever remember Blitzen and Vixen.

20. Angel on the tree top or a Star?- A star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? - Neither, we have sacks in the morning and the big tree presents get opened after lunch.

No comments: