Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thieves

Well, Ryan had his brand new BMX stolen from school yesterday. He's only had it for two months, and it only cost £200. /sarcasm.

I did warn him when we bought it not to get such a flash one as it wouldn't last five minutes. We can't afford another one, so it means he'll have to walk his paper round every day, and it also mean his schoolbus will cost us £15 extra a week. Marvellous.
So, if you are in the Basildon area and someone tries to flog you this bike, it's stolen so don't buy it!


We are having our new kitchen fitted at the end of March. I can't wait for it to be done. Just cooking on a real gas hob will be such a luxury! Here is the kitchen, sorry the picture is so tiny.

We've both got the last week in March booked off so we can clear cupboards and get stuff done. I'd quite like to start decorating the lounge that week too. I love dark and rich colours, trouble is when you will be renting out you have to have cream everywhere, so it's going to be a boring decorating session, painting over the top of my reds, aubergines and blues.

I had a trip to do at work on Tuesday to the Tutankhamun exhibition at the O2 Arena. My Mum was coming anyway, but there were two spare seats so I took the boys too. Yes, they missed school for the day, but it was educational so who cares! We had to leave at 7am so it was an early one. We had a cruise down the Thames to start the day, which was the best bit. I really enjoyed it. The weather wasn't as miserable as it looks, the windows on the boat were tinted.





We weren't allowed to take photos in the exhibition, which was a bit rubbish, so this is the only picture inside the dome.



Of course, the early start that day, teamed with working all week this week, means I'm absolutely shattered now. I was asleep by 8pm last night. How sad. Never mind, I'm taking the kids swimming in a few hours, then we are at a house party tonight for Allies birthday. I can't wait to be sociable and let my hair down for a few hours.

No comments: