Friday, July 17, 2009

Got my bedroom back!



I decorated Kit's nursery on Thursday, well most of it, and was kind of dreading moving him out of our room as I'd got so used to him being there. He's not a good sleeper really, since day one he's been a late to bed-early to rise kind of person, going down at 10pm and being up for the day at 4ish. Added to that was the fact that he wakes at 1am for a feed, and I haven't had much sleep at all for the last 4 months.

I've never had a baby that likes to co-sleep before so it's been strange. I normally pop him in with us when he won't settle at 4ish. I've kept a single bed in his new room so we can continue to snooze together.

Little did I know that it seems to have been us keeping him awake. He slept in his new room the first night and went down at 11pm and woke up at 6.30am. Dropping that 1am feed has made me feel so much better. The other two nights he's woken earlier(5.30 and 4.30), but hes settled quickly. Long may it continue!

No comments: