Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching up with old friends

My friend Becky popped in to see us the other day. She lived down in Essex for about ten years, but is now back in her hometown of Coventry, so we only see each other about once a year. We met in hospital having the boys, had beds next to one another, and were really close for years. We spent a lot of time together in those early days, first time mums supporting each other and all that!

Our sons were born ten years ago just two days apart, Taylor on the 8th of February and Robin on the 10th, but the size difference was always quite hilarious;



I had to take a comparison photo while they were here. It was too funny seeing them standing next to each other, Robin looking about eight and Taylor about thirteen.

I may have a giant on my hands.



A few more golden oldies;





Looking at these I've noticed that Kit does that same mouth open smile that Taylor did, not that I can catch evidence on film. Kit is camera shy. They are very similar, except for Taylor's ears! I mentioned getting them pinned back to him the other day, just seeing how he felt about them in case he wanted it done, and he said he likes his ears and doesn't want them changed. Good for him! It certainly doesn't bother the girls, he's inundated with them already! He's had the same girlfriend for about a year now. They are adorable together, all quiet and shy with each other.

Gosh I look young in this one. I met Pete a few months after this was taken.

No comments: