Thursday, February 24, 2011

Half Term

How can it possibly be the holidays? Surely they've only just gone back to school?

We haven't done a huge amount with the children, in fact I've felt quite sorry for them as Pete has been cracking the whip and making them de-clutter and clean when he's at home with them and I'm at work. Poor little souls! I took them to the indoor play one day, which was a good thing as it rained from the minute the sun came up to the minute it went down. We walked the 20 minutes there and back so were slightly damp from our travels. Taylor also went to a special holiday karting session today, his second this month, that he saved his birthday money and paid for himself. He was competing against 8 other boys his age, and won the time trial session. No surprise really as he drives like a lunatic.

I finally have a new full time job, I start in a week and I'm very excited about it! It's been tough these last few months to keep our heads above water. Today we have been a bit spend happy in celebration of me getting the new job, and have finally bought a new TV. We've been without a proper TV since the summer, after our big monstrosity inconveniently exploded. It hasn't bothered me too much but all the other family members are total telly addicts. We almost broke all our own rules and got one on credit, but held firm and walked away. We were glad we did once we'd had a look in Tesco on the off-chance, as we got a real bargain. I had quite a lot of vouchers to spend that I'd been saving up, so we got a Sony 40" LCD for £150 cash. Excellent! I also have a nice shiny new moped winging its way to me as we speak...well, once the new plates are released the first week in March. I cant wait to get back on the road and have a bit of independence.

No comments: