Sunday, February 07, 2010

This course is going to be the death of me

Having a bit of a wobble over my course this week. My last two essays have had clear passes, so the actual grade isn't the problem(though higher would be nice of course, I was used to getting 80% last year!), but it seems as though my tutor is marking someone elses essays. Her comments don't correspond at all, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

On essay 2, I had to investigate three websites for barriers such as structural, environmental and attitudnal, and I decided to look at the three sites under each heading so they could be compared to each other, rather than just investigating each website seperately. She just couldn't see it at all, even though the question asked us to analyse them and compare them to each other, she seemed to think I hadn't set it out properly. The worst one was the last one, essay 3, where she has commented on my use of a case study that I haven't even alluded to. I'm sure she isn't even reading them. :(

I'm pretty sure asking for a re-mark will be a bad thing, because then the tutor will be annoyed with me, and probably give me worse marks anyway. Should I just be happy with my passes? Don't know what to dooooooo.

The next essay is awful, just awful, and I think I'm going to ask to substitute it. The question is;
Drawing on evidence from online government statistics and at least one other online resource, outline current trends in the provision of home care and discuss the implications of these trends for the ways in which people obtain care and support for themselves.

I'm already a week behind on the coursewwork as it is!

2 comments:

Thursday said...

Question sounds horrific, tutor needs to be chatted to, at the very least. IMHO.

Millie-jane said...

I always made a point to talk about my grades to my prof regardless of how good or bad they were.

That is your writing, it represents YOU. By hiding in the shadows and blogging about it your not standing up for all the work, heart, and blood you put into your assignments.

As my dad said, "If you punch me in the head and I don't say anything. It means I like it"

Stand up for your self darling. Your worth it. :)