Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FA Cup winners



Portsmouth FC won the FA Cup on Saturday, so we took an unplanned, spur of the moment trek down to Portsmouth on Sunday as we wanted to watch the winners parade. We took a picnic, the weather was lovely down there too(it always is!), and something like 200,000 other people had the same idea. It was madness! I love crowd events, it doesn't matter what the occasion is. I like the feeling of that tribe mentality, thousands of people feeling the same emotion. I think that's why I love clubbing so much, everyone dancing in unison, makes me feel all weird.













Isobel soon got bored and demanded that we go home.


After a very long drive home, we finally got in at about 10.30pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. I too like crowd events - I think it's the energy and 'charge' about them which makes me feel a bit weird too.