Thursday, March 09, 2006

First post


Hello, I guess this is my first post in my blog.

My name is Claire, but everyone calls me Laney. I'm 25 and live with my partner Pete. We have a very crazy and mixed up family. We have Ryan, age 12, Pete's son from a previous relationship(he moved in here in October 05). Then we have Taylor, age 7, my son from a previous relationship. Then finally, the glue that binds us all together is Isobel, age 22 months. We lead a very busy and fun life, although I'm sure it'll be boring on paper, so I thought it would be cool to record some memories.
I work two days a week for my local government in Admin. I actually help to run an activity centre for the retired, and it's the coolest job in the world. I chat, laugh and organise trips out all day, you have to be a real people person to do this job and I do run out of patience sometimes. I get all expenses paid trips to museums, galleries, theatres, exhibitions and plain old days out. It's great fun. The children stay at home with their Dad while I'm at work as he also works part time for the county government. He works the days that I'm at home, as an area manager. He used to work 60 hours a week in retail management, but we decided last year to tighten our belts so he could spend more time with the children. They aren't young for long and we felt he was missing out. I can't wait for the summer, as we've never had weekends together as a family before. It should be fun!

No comments: