Sunday, May 03, 2009

It's been a while



Taylor's football team won their league, so for a treat a few Saturdays ago we took them all to watch Southend United's last game of the season. They had no idea where they were going. They even had a small article in the programme, which was the best bit as it's something he can treasure forever.





I've been very busy trying to complete my course the last few weeks and I'm almost there now. My final essay went in last week, what a relief that was! I just have the final block of coursework, revision, and then the exam on the 17th June in London. I can't wait to get it all over and done with for a few months. I'm probably going to have to hold off on year two until I go back to work anyway, as I can't see the training department signing it off if I'm still on maternity leave. I've been glad to see the back of it recently, but this week I seem to have a renewed vigour for it and want to try and get the whole course done in a few years.

It's Isobel's birthday in a week, and in true mental fashion I've decided to have the party at home and do the entertaining myself. It was going to cost about £200 for her to have it elsewhere, and I'm way too tight to pay that. She's having fifteen friends over and we are painting flowerpots in the garden, which the children will be planting a seed into to take home. I'll make sure I post photos of the finished pots. It should be fun, I hope the kids enjoy it!

I can really see me in Christian at the moment, which is nice as they all end up looking like their Dad eventually. I'm making the most of the family resemblance. When Isobel was little I really though she looked like me...until I met Christian that is! Holy doppelgänger Batman, it's the same baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He really does look like you! Which only seems when you did all the hard work lol

Laney said...

Hahaha! Very true!