Monday, October 20, 2008

Lazy Monday

I'm being very lazy today after a busy Sunday, so thought I'd best do a blog post.

I realised yesterday that we have exactly 3 months until Isobel starts school full time. We had a phone call the other day to tell us that the class that started in September had 8 spaces, so they'd been looking for the most mature pupils in the nursery to go into that class and Isobel had been chosen. So her and one of her best friends are going into that established class instead of the completely new class in January. At first I was pleased that they thought she was that grown up and advanced, then I realised that she was always going to be the youngest in this class, and at a bit of a disadvantage. Is she always going to be that child that is behind? The one that can't yet read, or write, because she is 6 months younger. Oh well, I guess the teachers know what they are doing.

My first assignment is due this Thursday coming, and I'd been really struggling to find the time to do it, so I stayed up until gone midnight on Saturday and finished the bleedin' thing. It was only a small one, 600ish words, but I was quite excited about sending it off to my tutor for marking. She's emailed me saying she's received it, so I can't change it now!

Both Taylor and Ryan's football teams are doing well, but I'm particularly pleased for Taylor. Ryan's team have always been good, but last season Taylor's team were RUBBISH. They lost every game. They always took it with a smile on their little faces and kept on going though. This year, they've won every game. They won 11-1 yesterday. Taylor is the goalkeeper(he played half goalkeeper, half defence last year), and he is so good, bless him. We get the other teams managers and the referees coming up to us in the car park congratulating him after the games, it's so nice for him to get a bit of recognition. Here are the previous two match reports on the team website;


Sunday 12th October 2008 - Shoebury Youth (2) Vs Beech United (4) Best performance of the season. Beat the top team. Players never stopped running, 100% effort from both teams. Great game to watch-T.Lane was outstanding in goal today and deserved his man of the match trophy.


Sunday 5th October 2008 - Beech United (5) Vs Eversley Boys (3)
Today's game Beech United played Eversley Boys. Very tense match in terrible conditions. Brilliant performance and effort from all the players. Won 5-3 today. Goal scorers as follows g.wilson 2 goals, j.sharp 1 goal, c.adams 1 goal, d.terry 1 goal. T.Lane made a great save from the penalty spot to keep us 4-3 up!

No comments: