Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day


We had a lovely Christmas day. Normally I get up at 5am to put the giant turkey on, then kids get up early and open their sacks from Santa. This year we all had a lovely lay in until about 8am, then sacks got opened in a frenzy. Normally I would spend the next 5 hours out in the kitchen preparing for the whole family to descend on us, except this year I had gone on strike...we were going to our friends Sam & Russ for dinner instead.



Sack presents!







The HUGE pile of presents at our friends


Can you see the resemblance? :)


Beautiful baby Willow


Russ and all the children waiting patiently for dinner.

Isobel playing Harvey's new guitar



Crazy present opening. We used a lot of bin bags.






I still helped with the cooking, but it was nice not to have the stress of doing it all alone. It was a very chilled out day with lovely grub and good friends. I'm doing dinner at home again next year, which I'm going to hate after having such a wonderful relaxing time this year.

No comments: