Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I am alive...just

I've had the lurgies all week, caught from Isobel via the childminder, so have been pretty miserable. I've started being sick today too. Isn't morning sickness supposed to stop at twelve weeks? I'm fifteen weeks on Sunday...no fair!


I did a trip to Leeds Castle with my work a few weeks ago at short notice, one of my colleagues was meant to do it but couldn't. Thankfully we had a few spare seats on the coach so the whole family, minus Ryan who no longer ventures out in daylight(seriously-why do teenage boys do that?), came out for the day.
I'd been here about 12 years ago with my Dad, and I remembered they had the greatest maze, so I dragged everyone in there. Forty minutes later and we were still wandering round getting vexed. We found the entrance again and poor pregnant me escaped to the loo, before we braved it again, and finally cracked it after about 10 minutes. We stood on the mound in the middle directing other poor lost souls for a while too.


You have no idea how gutted I was that this Chicken of the Woods was too high to reach. Pete had to drag me away from the tree kicking and screaming. I even tried knocking it off with a stick, but even my 6ft frame was no match.


Isobel looking very small at the base of a gigantic tree



I ended up at the hospital a week or so ago as I was bleeding, but after making me wait all weekend for a scan, worrying about what we were going to find out, I finally got seen on Monday. Everything looks good in there;



Pete's football team have recently split into two halves, he's now playing for the old farts side, Landsdowne Vets. They organised a charity match against each other in aid of St Luke's Hospice so I volunteered to help out and do face painting. I'll let you guess which side won! The face painting kept me busy while Pete played football and the kids pretended they were at the Olympics by running round the athletics track. Isobel ran round it twice...she's nuts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning sickness sucks! And I don't know why it's given that name because it seems to go on all day. Sorry to hear about the bleeding, that must be worrying :-( It sounds as though everything is ok though, and your scan pictures are lovely!

The last time we went in a maze, the hedges were so low Mr Blogs and I could see over the top LOL The boys enjoyed it.

Laney said...

These were definitely not low hedges, I'm very tall and I couldn't see over them. My Mum was getting really stressed out, which the kids found hilarious.

No sickness today...yay!

Bree said...

Congrats on baby number 4! Ive got 7 weeks till my number 4 is due. Totally fed up of pregnancy now. Hope it all goes well for you.