Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday Sunday


What is it with kids and boxes?

We had a pretty boring weekend really. My Mum came over for tea last night, then we went to watch football today. They lost, again. I went for a walk with Isobel, looking at the leaves and berries. I did spot a few mushrooms popping up too, so I'll be out 'shrooming in a week or two. I'm particularly looking for Puffballs (I saw some tiny immature ones today, so I'll go back for them later), and Chicken of the Woods.

It's been thundering on an off all day, we just had another small storm pass over. I'm babysitting Jake tonight while Lara & Rob go to the cinema, so it'll be nice to have some peace and quiet away from my brood for a few hours.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Hate to break it to you Claire but it looks like there was a 9 inch nail hammered through the puffball in your link. Something tells me that (if that was an indigenous Basildonian puffball) it was nailed down to stop some fashion conscious little chavette turning it into a skirt (well, it's small enough)...

Laney said...

Ha ha ha! Alas, it wasn't a Basildonian Puffball. If it was, it would be resting neatly in my tummy by now.

Dan said...

It'd probably be involved in an armed robbery of the Stacey's off licence if it was a Basildonian ;)

Also, go to Langdon Hills - head off the beaten path and see what you can find out there - we used to stumble over masses of them.