Friday, April 29, 2011

Moving



So, a lot has been happening here. I didn't want to post about this before in case it didn't happen. I started looking at houses in the town we were planning on moving to anyway, Taylor goes to school there and I work there, so it was always in 'the plan'. All the letting agents wanted ridiculous admin fees, and a friend suggested I look on Gumtree for a private listing. The first place I saw in the search, in fact the only house in that town that came up, looked good, so I started emailing back and forth with the landlords. I went to view the house about 3 weeks ago, but they wanted a deposit that I just didn't have, and I cried all the way home on my bike(which was fun), because I knew it was 'the house'. I called my Dad; and told him that we'd split up, and he wasn't interested at all. I was, and still am, so upset with him. I'm his only daughter, his only child, and he couldn't even lend me £1500. So, I spent the whole weekend crying about it, I was just distraught.

Without wanting to sound like a complete nutter, I dreamt of this house, and knew it was mine. For quite a few years as a child, between the ages of about 6 and 13, I had reoccurring dreams 2-3 times a year, and they always started in a garden that backed onto fields, with a river, and poplar and willow trees lining the banks. The dreams have cropped up a few times in my day to day adult life, but never as obviously as this. I had to find a way to live there.

I went into work the next day, secured a loan for half the money from a dodgy company, and my work promised to do me a wages advance for the rest, so I called the landlord and told them I wanted it. I then spent a week on edge waiting for the tenant checks to come back ok. It was the longest week of my life!
To cut a very long story short, I am now here, in my final days in this house, that has been my home for 11 years. There have been some problems with securing that last bit of money this week, and wonderful family and friends have helped me out, and now the deposit is paid. I am moving in a days time, to the house in my childhood dreams. I think the little girl I was in the dreams wasn't me, it was Isobel. I was seeing the garden through her eyes.

1 comment:

Thursday said...

I'd like to think of something eloquent to say to this but all I can come up with are pithy lines. You've come to mind often since you last blogged and I've wished you well. You'll be fine.