Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eleven Years



Eleven years is a very long time. I don't think I'd noticed before. The years just seemed to rush by, one moulding into the next. Each year bringing with it such gradual changes that I barely noticed them. Life is a pretty fluid thing.

It's only now that Pete and I have decided to split up, and I'm reflecting on all the things we've done, and the places we've been, that eleven years seems like an eternity. We have seen so much, alone and with the children, in those eleven years, that it doesn't seem possible to carry on breathing and seeing the world without my best friend by my side.

I'm having to look back through old photos to help Taylor with his homework, he has to make a slide show of his life, and each photo is like a punch in the stomach. I just feel sick. That photo up there was taken about a month after we met. Sadly I don't think I'll ever be able to look at them and smile again. I just was never perfect enough.

4 comments:

Thursday said...

Oh sweetheart. I'm so, so sorry. You have a frightening, horrid rollercoaster ride ahead of you but you will ride it out.

Unknown said...

Oh Laney, I had no idea you were splitting up; so sorry to hear that :-(

sam said...

thanks for sharing.
1969 Chevrolet Biscayne AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

Dodge Neon Turbo